TTS14 to Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa

The Traveling School is a non-profit school dedicated to academic inspiration, outdoor skill development, overseas exploration, and a deeper comprehension of the world we live in.

1, 2, 3 . . . . JUMP!

1, 2, 3 . . . . JUMP!
Namibian Salt Pan

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Being Independent

The photos were wonderful and reassuring. Mariel had a huge smile several times and I loved seeing them all working together to make things happen. Mariel has not communicated much as she is trying to be independent (a point she made to me when she left, nothing personal Mom) She did say she got through the virus quickly and that she is doing wonderful. Hopefully, when they are in Maun I will hear more. I do know she is working hard and having a great time. I think for her, at least, when she has these types of experiences she holds them close and things come out over time as we live together again. So I always look forward to spending time with her when she returns. I hope you are all having a wonderful fall and enjoying the colors wherever you are! Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment